For people who want to learn or teach mathematics on the basis of reason …
UNDERGROUND Notes, a blog defunct.
These are pieces I wrote for a blog I thought would be a kind of continuation of NOTES FROM THE MATHEMATICAL UNDERGROUND, the column I had for many years in the AMATYC Review. But, just as I never knew what the readership of the column was–––only once was there a letter to the editor, I never knew what the readership of the blog was–––there never was any comment–––and brought the blog to an end. Of course, that is the fate of most blogs.
1. A column redux
2. Where Did The Money Go
3. Can you join five points smoothly
4. An Insidious Kind Of Glamour
5. Memorandum For A Reasonable Sequence
6. Will You Learn With Me
7. An Adventure in Academia I
8. An Adventure In Academia II
9. A Reasonable Sequence? For Real? I
10. An Adventure in Academia III
11. A Reasonable Sequence? For Real? II
12. Common Final Exams-For What?
13. A Most Disagreeable Misadventure I