For people who want to learn or teach mathematics on the basis of reason …
These are the Notes From The Mathematical Underground that appeared in the AMATYC Review from Fall 1994 to Fall 2003.
It should be noted that this having been a column, the installments were not single topic and thus were not titled so that the following titles are post facto approximations whose purpose is mainly to give some vague idea of the contents.It should also be noted that these are the texts I sent to the Editor rather than copies of pages of the Review; as such, and inasmuch as these are the texts I found in my archives, they may not have been the exact very last version.
1. What Drives The Curriculum?
Volume 16, Number 1. - Fall 1994
2. Teaching By Recipes: RISC versus CISC.pdf
Volume 16, Number 2. - Spring 1995
3. What Is Learning Mathematic?
Volume 17, Number 1. - Fall 1995
4. The Culture of Commmunity Colleges and the Dislike of Logic
Volume 17, Number 2. - Spring 1996
5. Political Arithmetic
(Unpublished. - Fall 1996)
6. Teaching Calculus. Rational Functions. Excel failing
Volume 18, Number 2. - Spring 1997
7. Mathematical Knowledge versus Mathematical Research: Letter to a Redoubtable Mathematician
Volume 19, Number 1. - Fall 1997
8. Proofs With Little ohs. Money
Volume 19, Number 2. - Spring 1998
9. A Story Line for Calculus
Volume 20, Number 1. - Fall 1998
10. What Is Precalculus?
Volume 20, Number 2. - Spring 1999
11. What Is The Purpose of Math Education?
Volume 21, Number 1. - Fall 1999
12. Testing Understanding with Multiple Choice Questions
Volume 21, Number 2. - Spring 2000
13. Model Theoretical Thinking
Volume 22, Number 1. - Fall 2000
14. -The Mathematical Memoirs of Sim Wobpa
Volume 22, Number 2. - Spring 2001
15. Mile Wide, Inch Deep
Volume 23, Number 1. - Fall 2001
16. Language Analysis: Exponents
Volume 24, Number 2. - Spring 2003
17. Language Analysis: Linear Algebra
Volume 25, Number 1. - Fall 2003
I don't think the following ever got published and I don't remember why. In any case, for what it's worth, here it is:
Radically Down Below: The Botton Line